Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Raising $5k for CAF to Celebrate Turning 50!

Thank you to all who donated cash or prizes to my fundraiser! The total raised to date is $3240. That is shy of my goal but it is a great accomplishment. I was thrilled by the number of people donating $50 or more. I realize money is tight, so I am deeply touched by your generosity.

I will keep my donation page on CAF active for the foreseeable future, so if you missed out there is still time to donate $10 or more here.
PLEASE Donate at least $10. 

If you won a prize and have not received it yet, please contact me a richcruse@gmail.com

Congratulations to David Murphy, winner of the Suunto Retweet to Win Contest. He won the Suunto M5 watch!

Sincerely,
Rich


July 17th will be my 50th birthday and to be honest, I am not thrilled about it. It means I will be over the hill and eligible to join AARP!

I began to think about how I could turn this occasion into something positive. It didn't take long for me to realize that raising money for Challenged Athletes Foundation would make me happiest. I don't want or expect gifts, instead I want you to join with me in support of an organization that means so much to me. CAF changes lives. They truly do amazing work. I encourage you to explore their web site at Challenged Athletes to learn more.

Here is the link to my CAF donation page.
  PLEASE Donate at least $10. 

Donate $50 for my 50th, and be eligible for my exclusive prize drawing as well! I have had some very kind donations of prizes from some good friends and even a celebrity or two!
If you want to donate a prize, please feel free to email me at richcruse@gmail.com.

The Prizes

Category One Prizes Twitter Only -
Suunto M5 
These will be part of the RT and Follow Contest and will be open to all  US Residents to win. You must Re-Tweet and follow @CAFoundation, @CrusePhoto and the prize giver on Twitter to be eligible to win. Follow me on Twitter for each contest and details. Re-Tweet as many times as you wish, but one RT per Twitter name will be counted. (No donation is required).
  1. Oakley Fuel Cell Sunglasses - Black $100 retail value courtesy @Oakley
  2. Starbucks Via Coffee Gift bag from @Starbucks Aliso Creek & La Paz in Laguna Niguel
  3. One Year Subscription to Inside Triathlon Magazine @InsideTri
  4. An autographed copy of "I am Here to Win" by Chris McCormack @MaccaNow 
  5. An autographed copy of "To Be a Runner" by Martin J Dugard @MartinJDugard
  6. $50 Apple gift card (2 to be given away) provided by @GirlsGoneGeek 
  7. K-Swiss sandals, an autographed poster & Powerbars from @JoshCox
  8. PhotoTools 2.6 from @onOneSoftware $249 value
  9. "25 Years of Ironman" autographed by Ironman Hall of Famer @Bob_Babbitt 
  10. Access Hollywood's "The Royal Wedding" Commemorative book. Signed by @billybush
  11. Suunto M5 watch $205 retail value from @SuuntoUSA 
Suunto M5 drawing is July 17th- Tweet the following to be eligible. " Giveaway thru 07/17! Win a Suunto M5 Watch, follow @CrusePhoto @SUUNTOUSA & tweet. Support CAF & Donate here. http://bit.ly/kSE9Sg #RCSU "  Tweet as many times as you wish, but only one tweet per Twitter name will be counted. you must follow @SUUNTOUSA and @CrusePhoto to be eligible to win. Winner will be announced July 18th.

Follow and re-tweet prizes will be chosen at random from qualifying entries. Sorry but the RT contest is restricted to US residents only.
    Signed by THE Dave Stewart!
    Category Two Prizes require a $50 donation or more. 
    Receive one entry for each $50 donation.
    1. Photo Suite 5.5.3 software from @onOneSoftware $349 value.
    2.  "The Dave Stewart Songbook: The Stories Behind the Songs"  autographed by @DaveStewart 
    3. Avia Running Shoes from @AVIArunning  
    4. Reflect Sports Gift Pack ($85 value) from @hoohahrideglide 
    5. "25 Years of Ironman"book Autographed by @Bob_Babbitt
    6. Just Added! Lunch or Dinner for 4 at the Prestigious New York Yacht Club in NYC or the Rhode Island annex hosted by @AndrewHersam. Valued at nearly $1000! Good thru August 2012, so if you are going to IM NYC, you can use it then! 

    Category Two prizes will be given away at the end of the contest on July 17th via random drawing. Please follow @CAFoundation and me @CrusePhoto on Twitter. I encourage you to follow my sponsors as well!  All donors who win will be notified via the email they used for their donation to CAF or Twitter name. One Prize per donor in the Category Two Prizes. Your chance of winning increases with each $50 donation but only one prize per person. Prize winners will be selected in sequence with the first person selected having first choice of the prizes. It will continue down the list until all prizes have been awarded. 




    My Facebook page is https://www.facebook.com/rcphoto
    Please Like https://www.facebook.com/CAForg on Facebook as well.
    Please Share with others using the link at the top of the page.Donate to CAF

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Leave your comments and suggestions.